Monday, May 18, 2009

No Biscuit No Cry


Recently, while arriving early for a class downtown, I went to the Flying Biscuit for a dinner snack. It was in-between meal times and the servers enthusiastically announced “$3 Mimosas!” Not a big drinker, I declined but excitedly noticed it was “Biscuit Happy Hour” on the daily special board. Excited about the prospect of a free or perhaps “all you can eat” biscuits, I asked my server about the daily special. He flew by and repeated “$3 Mimosas!” I asked again and this time pointed to the poster, “What is the Biscuit Happy Hour?” He repeated in the same cheery tone as he flew back the other way, “$3 Mimosas!” A bit flustered and confused, I reiterated, “But it says BISCUIT Happy Hour.” Then, it dawned on me that they were all about the “happy hour mimosas” and this Raccoon Foodie was all about the biscuit! Ha! I had a good chuckle at myself as I munched on my whole wheat biscuit and love bean cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment