Thursday, August 13, 2009

Lunch & Learn with Chinese Southern Belle and Farmer D Organics




I was the featured "chef" in this seasonal "Lunch & Learn with Chinese Southern Belle" with Farmer D in Atlanta. (I suggested Munch 'n' Mulch or Ode to Brassicas...)

Farmer D gave harvesting tips and supplied me with fresh-cut veggies and herbs, washed and prepped outside at the garden center. I turned it into a multi-course gnosh festival that included Thai Basil Lettuce Wraps, Unfried Purple Fried Rice, Daikon Radish Salad and Orange Chicken over Dinosaur Kale. It was a wonderful cook/farmer collaboration and the wraps weren't the only ones that left stuffed. I think I fed the whole block!

It's mostly him in the video but I get the last line. (Hey those are my hands doing the lettuce wraps! ) Fun video and nice to be included.

Go Wok the Garden and enjoy!

Natalie

1 comment:

  1. Excellent! I just stumbled upon your blog from someone posting one of your youtube videos on Facebook. I'm so happy to see this presence of Asian/Southern culture happening in Atlanta! I'm Chinese and live in Atlanta, but I'm originally from Puerto Rico! My own mixed cuisine involves Chinese/Caribbean cooking. I do consider myself a Southerner, and am exploring Southern cooking. Keep up the great work! I hope to maybe partake in one of your future events!

    ReplyDelete